About asp.net core 1.0
ASP.NET Core is a new open-source and cross-platform framework.It helps to create cloud based web apps, IoT apps and mobile backends . ASP.NET Core is no longer based on System.Web.dll. It is based on Nuget packages. It includes a special MVC framework that supports Web API and MVC Framework together to create data sharable application for different platform application. i.e share data on android or mac applications.We Generally called it MVC 6 which is deployed on Dot Net Framework 4.6.
foundational improvements of ASP.NET Core over traditional asp.net:
- Single platform to build web UI and Web API applications
- Integration of modern client-side frameworks like typescripts,angular, nodejs etc
- A cloud-ready environment-based configuration system to support xml and json.
- Built-in dependency injection- inject dependencies with the help of the startup class.
- New light-weight and modular HTTP request pipeline.
- All the latest configuration of web apps can be implemented through the nuget package manager
- Completely open source and support different OS platforms for example Windows ,Mac and Linux.
- ASP.NET Core 1.0 provides many web development tools to make easy life of developers.
Installation guideline for ASP.net core 1.0
- Visual Studio 2015 update 1,2,3 (Community, Professional etc.)
- NET Core 5
- Type Script